Friday, March 25, 2011

Twisted Chicken Salad

Coming up with ideas for dinner sometimes can be hard. Usually I think about what sounds good and what I have at home. It also helps to read other food blogs and blogs of friends who post amazing dishs. This brings me again to my good friend Amy's blog which you should all start reading. Man does she post some great recipes and dishs.

This brings me to what I made the other night. It was inspired by Amy's Roasted Veggie and Chicken Sandwich but of course I didn't have all the ingredients and didn't follow all of these directions, but man was it good!

I used about half a block of cream cheese, warmed up. Must be warm in order to mix with the rest of the ingredients. Chopped up a handful of baby carrots, a handful of broccoli heads and about half of a green bell pepper. Cooked about 3/4 - 1 lb of chicken breast, sliced into thin strips in a bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then I shredded it as best I could. Added a few dashs of onion powder and garlic salt and spread this amazing mix on some toasted whole wheat bread.  This reminded me of a chicken salad sandwich. The cream cheese helped "glue" all of the veggies and chicken together.

What a nice and light dinner!

1 comment:

Merut said...

Yours definitely looks better than mine did. I'm so glad you like it. I agree. It does remind one of a chicken salad sandwich. It's just awesome because you can use whatever veggies you have in the house and throw it together easily. Looks good and I especially love your choice of paper plate. Mine are just boring white. :-(