Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back in the kitchen

Yes, you read that right. I've been trying to cook some more here and there, when I can. Multi-tasking is a whole new thing when you have a little person to take care of. Hoping my scatter-brained-ness calms down a bit and I can come up with some things to cook up. Definitely planning meals ahead will be key to being able to manage multiple things at once.

Here's last night's dinner:


Taco Salad (or a version of one)

1 lb ground meat (I used beef)
Cumin
Chili Powder
Salt & Pepper
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel
1 small can green chilies
chopped lettuce
chips (tortilla, fritos, etc)
shredded cheese (optional)

Brown meat until cooked. Add in black beans, corn, Rotel and green chilies. Season meat to liking. I used enough to my taste, but didn't measure it, oops! Put the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and serve. Yum! Kind of a quick & easy meal. Just threw together what I had available. Would also be good with tortillas, or made up like a burrito.

No comments: